Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Photobucket

Last Saturday I drove to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania for an engagement shoot, just me. I realize that doesn't sound like anything crazy. In fact, we drive near and far for photo shoots all the time. But, this certain Saturday all my usual companions were occupied. Bill had to work at Uno, Caroline was preparing the house for Easter and Abbie was cherishing her day with Stephen (long distance is no fun!). So, grandma and grandpa Baxter said they'd watch Jack and I headed up for the evening, all by myself. I'm not trying to over dramatize it or anything (because there's nothing dramatic to say) but it just got me thinking about how I'm never alone. I don't hate being alone. In fact I don't even always crave being with people, but I never don't want to be with my people. The 3 hours of driving and little walk through Lehigh University in silence was enjoyable. I sang in the car, quite loud. Bill never asks me to sing quieter... but he does sometimes turn up the music a little louder. I'm pretty sure it's to soften the blow of my belting. ;) I don't think he minds though. It was the day before Easter and it was so good to drive and remember Christ's death and resurrection, His goodness, and to sing along to "Because He Lives!" on repeat. This child can face uncertain days - because He lives! - "Because He lives, all fear is gone!" I watched the sunset as I drove, I tried to listen to cds that weren't working and knew that Bill would have been able to figure it out, I pulled into chck-fil-a and got some chicken nuggets and a coke zero to-go and I realized I'm better with my people. I knew it was true, but it's been confirmed. Sunsets, food, car rides, thinking, singing, funny things. They're better together. Better when shared. God has created us each so uniquely. And I love that all our lives are so different. I love that some people can't relate to this, because you're not me and I'm not you (deep, I know). He has equipped me for my life, with the people He has given me and they are good. And they make my life what it is, certainly not perfect and I couldn't be more thankful for it.
My basic conclusion is that I'm glad that God has brought us to where we are. Our future isn't clearly defined, but one of our main priorities is to spend life with each other, doing and pursuing what we love and care about while enjoying grace and the many gifts that we've been given, together.
Those are just some little thoughts. :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

To see the wonderful couple that I was shooting (I wasn't alone the whole time! :)) head over here to my photo blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment